Thursday 23 August 2012

Lust Have It - August 2012

Happy 1st Birthday Lust Have It!

Lust Have It have made it through their first year of business, no small accomplishment in this market. We've seen other beauty boxes disappear, some merge together. The fact that this box has stayed around is no accident, the quality of items included is generally very good. However, there has been drama. Anyone following the Lust Have It facebook page has read about at least some of it. With the Glossybox merger and the collapse of ILoveThisBox occurring around the same time I think the Lusty crew have had trouble keeping up with demand. The boxes have been going out a little later in the last couple of months and customer service was slipping. I think the quality of this months box and the activation of  VIP membership benefits signals that things are looking up, that the crew are getting on top of the logistics of moving so many boxes.

Some of the user comments on Lust Have Its facebook page were getting very ugly and to me they didn't all seem justified. I guess peoples anxiety about the status of their boxes is in a way a compliment to the business. Ladies are wanting their goodies so badly that they forget their manners.

I usually receive my box in the last half of the month. It just appears at my doorstep with no warning. I wish they would bring back postal tracking, I liked it a lot.

This month I was sent:

tanGo Tan Removal Cloth
Full size
Apparently this cloth is good for removing fake tan. I will never use it for that purpose as I don't use fake tan. However, microfibre cloths are great for skincare and I'll be using this one for that. I think I tried my first microfibre facecloth about 5 years ago, so this isn't a new concept but I certainly welcome a brand new one. You can buy similar items in the cleaning section of the supermarket for only a few dollars.

Bioderma Atoderm Cream
sachet 8ml
A body moisturiser. Fragrance free, hypoallergenic. I look forward to trying this out.

Tigi Catwalk Sessions Series: True Wax
Full size 50g
I have never used hair wax before. I'm not really sure if it will be a good product for my curly hair, heavy products tend to make it look limp. I also have no idea how I'm supposed to use it. Any ideas? This product smells lovely.

Aromatherapy Associates:
Rose Hydrating Face Mask
sample 5ml
Triple Renewing Moisturiser
sample 5ml
These both smell very feminine and pretty. The moisturising properties of these products will be very welcome at this time of year. I'm going to try these out tonight.

Shisedo Perfect Rouge Glowing Matte Lipstick
Mini 2.5g
This mini lipstick is adorable! When I first saw the coral colour of this I thought I'd never wear it, but when I tried it on it actually looks quite good if applied with a light hand. Win!

Wet n Wild Nail Colour
Full size 10ml
Nail Polish!! I could get nail polish every moth and still love it.I haven't tried this brand before. A vibrant hot pink creme, I have several shades in my collection that are very similar. I still love it. I'll swatch it soon.

Bonus Item:
Pearl stud earrings by Style Rocks.
This was a bonus item in celebration of Lust Have Its first birthday. Only VIP subscribers received them. They are lovely, a very elegant and classic look. Thanks Lust Have It.

I'm very happy with my box this month. What did you get?

No comments:

Post a Comment