Monday 1 October 2012

Polish Us Pink: Cherry Blossoms



This month I've decided to take part in Polish Us Pink, a group of bloggers and polish addicts trying to raise awareness for breast cancer. Each Monday in October we'll post pink manicures.


October is breast cancer awareness month both here in Australia and in places around the world. To learn more about breast cancer or to see how you can help visit the National Breast Cancer Foundation website.

Helping can be as easy as buying pink themed products from participating partners. A list is here.

Or you can host a fundraising event. Get some helpful hints here.


Today I've created a pink cherry blossom manicure. I used Essie - French Affair as a base then painted some branches on with China Glaze - Wagon Trail and a fine brush. Then I used Rimmel - Strawberry Fizz and a small dotting tool for the petals and Ulta3 - Sunset Pink for the middle of the blossoms.

I've never tried this before and I think it turned out pretty well. What do you think?

You can jump to other bloggers posts using the links below or join Polish Us Pink by signing up on The Subtle Shimmer blog page.

7 comments:

  1. I have a thing for cherry blossoms. :) I like your manicure especially for the fact that I have never been daring enough to try to freehand one. Either that or I am too lazy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely give it a go.

      Delete
  2. It's such a beautiful design, and it's worked out great I think! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. Well done on the nail art - I'm clueless at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looooove cherry blossoms! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete