Sunday 21 October 2012

Bellabox - October 2012

This month is the first birthday of Bellabox! Congratulations ladies, you've made it through your first year.

Of all the beauty subscription services that have come and gone this year it's no surprise to me that Bellabox are still going strong. Their customer service is impeccable, their products are high quality and their team is fantastic. I have never had a negative interaction with this company. I hope they continue to provide a premium service for many years to come. I'd also love to see some more specialized boxes come out like a hand and nail box, hair care boxes where you can specify your hair type, or a dedicated fragrance box.

I've decided to post about boxes a little later this month, once I've had a chance to try all the goodies out properly.

This month I received:

Chocolatier:
Pink Heart Chocolate
This was the first item I tried from this months box. Delicious! It was very good motivation to get the photo done so that I could eat the chocolate ASAP.

Sally Hansen:
Insta-Dri Nail Polish - Sonic Bloom
9ml full size
Nail polish! Woot! I love getting polishes. Sonic Bloom is a BRIGHT neon pink. Good coverage, smooth application. The pic below is two coats.

Carmex:
Moisture Plus Ultra Hydrating Lip Balm in Sheer Pink
2g Full size
I'm not usually a big Carmex fan because of its fragrance but this pretty, soft pink balm may just have converted me. It applies smoothly, leaving a hint of gorgeousness and just the right amount of shine. Beautiful.

DKNY:
Fresh Blossom Eau So Intense
1.5ml sample
Floral, citrus and apple blossom notes in this fragrance sample. Whenever I try new scents I tend to find them very strong and this one is no exception. Considering the name it's not really surprising. Having said that, I quite like this fragrance and will definitely use this sample to the end.

E.L.F:
Essential Brightening Eye Colour - Nouveau Neutralis
Full size
A neutral eyeshadow quad. If I hadn't just bought a bunch of NYX eyeshadows (which are amazing!) I'd probably be more impressed with this. The glitter particles in two of the shades are a bit large for my taste and the colours are not quite as highly pigmented as they could be, but at $3.99 you cant expect perfection. The other two shades apply nicely with a brush and are useable daily colours. I think this product is good value and a nice addition to your neutral palette.

Estée Lauder:
Resilience Lift instant Action Lift Treatment
5ml mini
Claims to lift and firm skin, boost collagen production and elastin retention. To be honest, I don't have any areas on my face that need lifting and firming, so I can't really comment on those claims. However, this cream makes my skin feel very smooth, it's not too heavy and it absorbs rapidly. As it isn't really suitable for my skin and the full size product costs is quite expensive I will not be buying this item in the near future.

Clinique:
Turnaround Concentrate Radiance Renewer
7ml mini
I'm excited to see Clinique featured in this months box and I hope to see more samples from them in the near future. After using this product for the past 5 days I think my skin feels softer and smoother. I will probably buy this product next time Clinique have a gift with purchase promo.

Cedel:
Blow Dry Faster Heat Protector
165ml full size
I don't blow dry my hair. I don't even own a blowdryer, so you'll have to look elsewhere for a proper review of this product. The can was also dented, but as I won't be using it I'm not really that fussed.

So many goodies! I am very pleased with this months box.

What did you get this month? Were you pleased with your pack?

1 comment:

  1. Hi, please check your email, we've got a space open in Artsy Wednesday. Hope to hear from you soon. :)

    ReplyDelete