Every week each member of the group posts a manicure based around a set theme. This week we are doing Cling wrap/Saran wrap/plastic wrap manicures. Here is mine.
I have never tried this technique before. I spent a bit of time looking at tutorials and discovered that there are a few different methods. I experimented a bit and settled on the following:
1. Apply base colour. I used Chi Chi - Show Me The Money, a dark metallic green.
2. I couldn't help myself and so I added a coat of Kleancolor - Sugarcoat.
3. Allow to dry completely.
4. Scrunch a bit of cling wrap into a loose ball, making sure there are some interesting looking folds.
5. Paint your secondary colour roughly onto a section of the cling wrap. I used Models Own - Golden Green.
6. Splodge it onto a bit of paper to remove excess polish.
7. Splodge artistically onto your nail.
8. Apply topcoat.
9. Admire :)
I love the way the glitter peeks through.
Thanks for welcoming me on board ladies!
Check out posts from the other Artsy Wednesday contributors!