Friday 20 July 2012

Top coat turmoil

I'm an impatient woman. Waiting for nail polish to dry on its own is boring and I'll probably damage it, meaning I'll have to start over. Sigh.

Fast drying topcoats are my friends, but they all come with their own little problems.

Seche Vite dries so fast even I can't damage it while I'm waiting, but shrinkage isn't really very attractive. It gives nails a beautiful shine and is quite hard wearing but by the time you're halfway through a bottle it's so thick it's unusable. I haven't been able to find any Seche thinner and it pains me to throw out a half empty bottle.

Out The Door doesn't shrink like SV but isn't as fast drying. It doesn't thicken horribly but also doesn't have quite as much shine. It's pretty close to SV in the shine stakes.

OPI Rapid Dry is thick, less shiny than OTD and just doesnt do it for me.

Right now, Out The Door is the winner for me.

I love fast drying topcoat.

What other brands are good? Any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment