Thursday 27 September 2012

Nail Art - Cupcake nails

I did this manicure while I was waiting for the Models Own 50% Off Sale to go live. They currently have almost everything in their store at half price!

I may have bought a 'few' polishes.

I started here with a my Sunshine Gradient as a base, painted mid purple on the tips, then freehanded the 'icing' in white. I used a fine brush and some dark purple for the stripes and a dotting tool for the .... dots.

I didn't use a topcoat. I tried, but got some pretty bad streaking from the dark purple, even when I let my polish dry for a good hour. You can see it a little on my index finger.

I think this is a very cute manicure and would also look good as an accent nail. What do you think?

I appreciate any feedback on my blog. Please feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment